Being a mom is hard work. Having three kids with ages 5, 3, and 1 there are days that by the time I get to dinner, I just want to put on earmuffs and sit down and eat because my mind feels like there are a million bouncy balls inside and I just want a few minutes of quiet to let them all stop. It is a non stop job of putting on shoes, wiping noses and mouths, buckling in and out of car seats and shopping carts and highchairs, cleaning up spills, fixing broken Lego towers, finding the lost_____. And that is all before 9am. But I LOVE IT. I love it when Nolan runs up to give me a kiss, mouth wide open like a fish. I love chasing him down the hallway and watching him swivel back and forth as his little legs scurry as fast as possible. I loved playing hotwheels with Hayden and watching his imagination take charge. His deep "macho voice" doesn't quite fit him yet- but it is cute to hear him try. The simple suggestion of having popcorn for a snack makes his eyes light up instantly. I love watching Kayla draw our family in chalk in the driveway. Her motherly qualities come out as she watches and protects her brothers from any danger. She is always first to compliment dinner even when it's not up to par. I love having the chance to spend all day watching these children learn and grow and become AMAZING. I am so lucky. I know these days whiz by..so I am trying to enjoy each moment...even amidst the bouncing balls.
Conversations with the kids
Mom: Hayden- Sit in your chair and EAT YOUR DINNER!
K: Mom, I don't like the sound of that. I know, I'll give you a kiss to make your heart happy....and I can special clean up the toys. That will help.
While making toast for the kids
K: Hayden, give mom a kiss and she will give you sugar on top.
H: Mom, give me sugar on top and I will give you a kiss.
After calling Kayla a sweetie pie
H: Hey- am I a sweetie pie too?
K: No- I am the sweetie pie, you can have a different name.
H: Oh- Yeah.
K: Like she can call you Mr. Potato Head
H:- Yeah!- That's a good name! ( very excited)
After eating taco soup for dinner
K: ( sitting straight up in bed at bedtime)- Mom, what is the best soup in town?
M: ???shhh....what? well what do you think?
K: Taco soup!
M: Your right ;)
Upon giving Hayden a water bottle and experiencing recent problems.
M: Are you going to spill it?
H: NO
M: Are you going to dump it on the couch or carpet?
H: No- but can I spill it on my knees?
Unloading Groceries
K: DId you buy apples?
M: No
K: Why not? How many times do I have to tell you. Do you want me to go to the doctor?
M: no
K: Cause an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Don't you just love my kids?? I DO!!





5 comments:
Cute! Its about time you posted something! I'm excited to come down for Christmas
Amen! (to how you were describing being a mom of three kids) I feel like I could copy your post and stick it on my blog with different faces stuck over the top.
I LOVED all the posts! Loved hearing the hilarious things your kids say. Love that you have the gusto to compete in triathlons! Just love you guys!
You are a great mom, Brooke! Thanks for always inspiring me!
i love your kids! So cute! And great pics too!!
Oh. . . this made me tear up. . . I must be a mom too. . .
That is so cute Hayden's comment can I spill it on my Knees? I love it. Kayla's comment you can be Mr. Potato head. i love the give me sugar and I will give you a kiss. I love your kids and miss them so much everyday. You are such a good mama, no you are amazing! I love you.
Post a Comment